Sunday, March 29, 2009

18 months old


How did this happen? Well, just like they say time is flying by and our little girl is now 18 months old. She is such a blessing, I am loving this age. Every night, when Travis and I put her to sleep we look at the video monitor and just sigh. She is too precious for words.

Her speech development seems to be advanced for her age. She can string about 3 words together and I would guess has near 100 clearly spoken words. We joke around that she Could win toddler jeopardy because she has started answering questions in somewhat complete sentences.

Growth wise, she has still remained in almost the exact same percentiles that she has been in since birth. Our doctor finds that so interesting. She was 23 lbs (40%) and 33 inches (91%.) She has become a great eater. A couple of months ago I couldn't imagine I would ever be saying that but thankfully she has learned to appreciate good food.

I just weaned her at 17 months, I think it might have been harder for me then her. We ended up just changing her night-time routine around, so that she was too busy to miss nursing. After 2 or 3 nights she didn't seem to mind anymore. She was such a easy baby to nurse and thank God for such a positive experience with it. She still doesn't drink whole milk, except with her cereal in the morning or mixed in when I make her foods. Our doctor said this is fine, as long as she eats yogurt, cheese, and plenty of calcium rich foods.

She is a pretty good sleeper. She goes down at night with no problem and sleeps from about 8pm-6:30 or 7am. She doesn't so go down for naps quite as well since I quit nursing. I have to admit I have been guilty of over using the drive-her-around-the-block-to-get-her-asleep trick. But she does transfer fine and will usually sleep 1.5-2.5 hrs.

I think the thing I find so amazing is she is very nurturing. She LOVES babies (real or pretend) and caring for them. First, thing in the morning she tries to change her babies diapers and push them in the little stroller. She pats them, kisses them, and tucks them in to bed. It is so cool, how God designed her personality so that she would have all these great oldest sibling traits : )

1 comment:

Thompson Tales said...

Your little Lexie is soooo cute!! Britnee tells me all the time how adorable she is. I can't believe her vocabulary, I babysit a boy who is the same age and he doesn't say any words at all!!! And congratulations on your pregnancy!!