

Travis and I started our week of vacation out by running the Capital City 5 miler (part of the Capital city marathon and half marathon in Olympia.) Which meant we packed up our stuff and 2 sleepy babies and headed south to Olympia first thing on a Sunday morning. Lucky for our kids, they got dropped off with the gracious Neicy and Pops Garwood. Pops had waffles with whip cream and they got to watch the on-demand cable shows they no longer have at our house. Let's just say, they didn't miss us.
The run was really fun, a great distance and nice running weather. My brother Chris ran the half marathon so we got to see him before he took off.
I have to brag about my husband here. I love that he can run these races with little training and he does so in awesome times. He ran the 5.2 miles in under 51 minutes. I came in around 47 minutes.
It was a great little "date" and fun way to start our family vacation...after we picked up the kiddos and got Starbucks, we headed south to the Great Wolf!
No comments:
Post a Comment