Monday, July 28, 2008

Cancun

In the suitcase, ready for departure to Cancun.

Couldn't wait to use that floaty
Breakfast on the beach...what a life!

Sand in her toes with Grandma Neicy
Hanging on the beach with her Garwood Grandparents.
Our fam on the first day (explains why we are pale)
Little girl loved to float around the pool
The beautiful resort
Lexie hamming it up with Grandma Neicy
Me and my sibs (Kelsey, Casey, Chris)

We took our first BIG family vacation with Lexie to Cancun at the end of July. Let me start by saying that most people thought we were crazy to take our 9 month old from Seattle to Mexico. Even though we had our share of "issues" traveling, almost none of them were her fault (Travis THOUGHT he lost his wallet, my brother had a medical emergency, delayed at airport, tropical storm first night, lost keys upon arrival home, and airline "displaced" very expensive car seat.) She did great on the airplanes and loved the resort down there! She was amazing.
The first night, Tropical Storm Dolly, was finishing up on it's way to the Gulf of Mexico. It felt like we arrived in the middle of Jurassic Park. I have never seen thunder and lightning like that. It was pretty cool, knowing that it wouldn't last.
We awoke the next morning, to paradise. It was blue skies and high 80's/low 90's the whole time. The color of the ocean is the most amazing turquoise blue, I have never seen anything like it in my life. The whole Garwood clan met us down there, we (half) joke that they didn't want to fly on the same plane as us.
The resort was gorgeous, we had paid for all-inclusive, and I think for a baby it was the best way to go. We got all of the food, water, room service, and drinks we wanted. In fact, I only left the resort one time, to find a Walmart...that is a whole different story! My siblings and Travis, however enjoyed more of the city life. I liked the area we stayed in, because we were far enough away from the downtown crazy tourist stuff, but close enough that a quick cab ride could get you anywhere. I was really surprised to see a lot of families there as well. Everyone was really nice to us (thanks to having a super cute bambino.)
Most days were spent down by one of the 5 different pool, Lexie got lots of use out of her float toys. Travis and I took turns taking her up for naps in the room. It really worked out well. A couple of nights they had dancing and entertainment at the hotel, Lexie loved it!
Our last night there, Travis and I got a couples massage, while my parents watched Lexie. It was awesome, I am afraid Travis is now hooked on massage : )
Overall, it was so great to enjoy the gorgeous scenery with family and just spend time doing nothing but relaxing. Although vacation with a baby isn't what it used to be, it is a whole different kind of fun and we wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: