Monday, September 29, 2008

1 YEAR OLD


Just waking up on her special day!

Checking out the action at the park...

Swinging!

Walking!

Watching the kids go the wrong way on the slide.

Birthday dinner with Dad

Our family and the balloon (she won't let these out of her sight these days.)
Her cake, okay maybe we helped a little : )

It is so hard to believe that our little girl turned 1 today. All this week, I have been reflecting on the last year and all of the changes our family has gone through. It has been so much fun watching Lexie grow, change, and learn. I had no idea what all motherhood would entail. A year ago, I would have never imagined this baby girl would consume my whole existence and how I would thrive off her laughs and giggles. It hasn't always been easy, I think the hardest part on me is the few times she has gotten sick. I can not stand seeing her pain or suffering : ( For the most part, Lexie had made our transition into parenting a breeze. She is our little spirted child and just a ball of fun. We can't wait to see what toddler hood and the next year have in store for us.
We spent her special day at the park. It was another sunny day and she just loved eating her lunch while watching the other kiddos run around. After lunch, she got out and practiced her walking, she is now taking 5-6 steps at a time, but still prefers crawling. She enjoyed the swing, the slide, and "talking" to other little people. When Travis got home, we took her out to eat and she had a great time, enjoying even more cake!
Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl, we love you more then words can say!

1 comment:

Cruz Babies said...

Kalea has that same purple and pink gerber sippy cup!