Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Well it took 13 months but yes, that little girl of ours is finally sleeping through the whole night. It only took 2 nights of "crying it out." Which if you are a parent and have tried it, you know that 10 minutes feels like an eternity. In the end it is what worked for us. I had read a lot on the subject of sleep and the book that helped me the most was, "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" by Tracey Hogg.
It is amazing what a full night sleep can do for a mom and toddler. We both wake up so much happier and full of energy. But most importantly, I am glad she is developing more healthy sleep habits. Next up, getting her completely weaned off breastfeeding and finding a way to sleep through Travis's loud snoring : )


1 comment:

Thompson Tales said...

I just had to leave a little comment...I am Britnees mom and she is constantly telling me about how cute your baby is and how wonderful your family is. Thank you for taking care of her during Thanksgiving, we love Chris!!! I am glad Britnee added you to my blog, your little girl is seriously adorable!!!