Thursday, June 11, 2009

Little Brother!

We found out we are having a little boy in October!! I am so behind on blogging because I have wanted to scan the ultrasound pictures to post them here, but have been draggin my feet. So here's the story:
The night before the ultrasound, we still were debating on finding out the sex or keeping it a surprise. I had a hard time sleeping the night before because I was so excited to see the new baby 1st thing in the morning. Around 1am I woke up Travis and told him I thought we should ask the U/S technician to put the baby's gender in a sealed envelope and that way if we just couldn't wait till the delivery...we could peek. So that was the plan.
We were the 1st appt of the day and we gave the technician our sealed envelope request. She was great. She gave us no clue whatsoever as to what the gender was. This ultrasound was so clear compared with the one I had for Lexie. We could see the baby reaching for his feet, gulping the fluid, and his little heart beating away. When it was time to check for gender, she turned the monitor away from me, and Travis continued to peer on the screen. She typed in some information and then left the room to write something in the file. When she was gone, Travis told me it looked like another little girl. He said he didn't see anything in between the legs and he thought he saw her type "girl."
On the way home, I picked his brain on how he came up with his guess of girl and he said he was 90% sure it was another girl. So after hearing that, I realized I didn't want to hang on this envelope for another 4 months. I wanted to pick out girl names and get Lexie's stuff ready for a sister. So I opened the envelope to find...a very clear ultrasound picture with indeed something between the legs of the baby and a typed "It's a BOY." Wow...it ended up being a big surprise for both of us. And no, Travis is not counting on a future in ultrasounds. (He really did think it was a girl, but he was peeking from far away : )
The tech informed us that the baby was measuring ahead of the due date by almost a week, but the doctor will more then likely not change the due date. They think I just have big babies. Since Lexie was over 2 weeks early and 7lb 8oz, she would of been closer to 9 had she gone to her due date. Let's hope this little guy also wants to show up about 2 weeks early, for mommy's sake : )
We don't have a name yet but are having so much fun looking through the name books to find just the right one. The middle name will be a family name, not sure which one yet, we want to make sure it goes well with the 1st name. So, that is the name situation. We have nothing yet for sure, except the last name.
We feel so blessed to have "1 of each" and Lexie is excited to find out what a "brodder" is all about.

No comments: