Friday, September 18, 2009

35 weeks

5 more weeks till D-day!

I thought I would update on how my appointment went last week (34 weeks.) Baby boy seems to be doing good, his heart rate was in the 130's and I am measuring right with the due date. I have gained 17 pounds now and if this pregnancy is anything like the last, I will pack it on at the end. I just can't quite keep up all my healthy habits for all of the pregnancy, I start giving in to the idea of eating for 2 about this time. Maybe because I know I won't have that excuse for long!

The doctor also wanted to check to see if I was dilated since I was having some serious and pretty regular contractions over Labor Day. I was so relived when he told me that I wasn't dilated but that the cervix is starting to shorten (which is fairly normal for about this point.) He also did the standard test for Group-B strep, so I should find out the results of that next week. I am praying it comes up negative (like it did with Lexie) otherwise it means an extra day or 2 in the hospital after delivery and antibiotics via an IV during labor (to protect the baby.)

We are really hoping and praying this little guy holds out till October. I think I will feel much better after I make it past Lexie's Birthday (the 29th) and to at least October 1st which would put me at about or a little over the 37 week mark. This would eliminate the fear of having them share a birthday, which really wouldn't be the end of the world. Also, I know it sounds crazy but I am really hoping for at least an 8lb baby. Reason being, Lexie was 7lbs 8oz/ 21.25 inches long (over 2 weeks early) and left the hospital down to 6lbs 10oz....that was just scary to have a baby so tiny! I know I need to be careful what I wish for and I will regret it during the labor process : ) My doctor said that parents weight at birth is often a good indicator of how big a baby is. I was 8lbs 2oz and Travis was tiny because he was born about 7 weeks early...so we shall see! All that really matters in that he is healthy, no matter what day he comes or size he is.
I start going to the Dr now every week so i will update again at 36 weeks.

No comments: