Made it to 37 weeks. It felt good to make it through Lexie's birthday without having a baby. At my appointment last Thursday, Travis and Lexie were there. It was neat for Lexie to hear her brother's heartbeat for the 1st time. She was really well-behaved and interested in what was going on.
All that taking it easy must of worked because I hadn't progressed anymore over the week! Yay! Doctor still said it could be anytime, so he encouraged us to be ready. He also recommended trying to get the Swine Flu shot this week if I could find it available. I am still so not sure on this one. I am very concerned for the new baby with this going around and want to protect him but am not sold on the safety of the vaccine. Lexie and I both did get our regular flu shot and Travis should be getting it within the next week. We are diligent hand-washers and wipe down everything (wet-ones are my best friend.) Hopefully these good hygiene skills and the kids not being in daycare, will help us stay healthy.
Here is a picture of me in the "nursery." Also known as, 1/4 of our master bedroom. As most of you know, this baby gets the joy of rooming with us for at least the first couple months or even up to the first year, depending on a few pending factors (his sleeping skills, Lexie's maturity with a baby.) I actually think the "room" looks great and we are blessed to have everything we seem to need. I am glad we got a neutral bedding set when we had Lexie because they are just so expensive and are only used for such a short amount of time. He is going to have a humble little beginning and Trav and I both feel it will be good for the kids to share a room for a while...builds character, right? Lexie tells everyone where all her, "brother's clothes, diapers, and toys are." She is already a little mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
happy birthday to Lexie!!! your tummy looks so cute! i think that your baby corner looks adorable!
Post a Comment