Thursday, September 30, 2010

A perfect trip to the East Side

Lounging in the 80 degree sunshine on her birthday!

The week after Lexie's birthday party, Travis had a Safety conference in Spokane booked. The kids and I thought it would be a great idea to tag along. Disclosure here, I apparently have no pictures of Liam on this trip. I blame this on his new walking skill and not being able to sit still for one second. Nonetheless, I have some major mommy guilt about it and will make up for it in my next blog.

Travis told me that he had booked a room right in Riverside Park. Too bad I didn't look that up before hand, definitely would of brought the double stroller. The park was gorgeous and the kids and I were entertained for the whole day. There is walking trails, beautiful views, a carousal, park with a HUGE wagon for the kids, and a mall right across from the action. Our hotel featured both indoor and outdoor pools (with a slide.)
The slide on the famous wagon

At the gorgeous Riverside Park

With Keith Oord (our little ring bearer) who will be a big brother in April


The weather was 80 degrees on Lexie's actual birthday, that was September 29th. We spent her birthday laying by the pool, going down the water slide, and having a picnic in the park. When Travis was done with his conference we met up with our dear friends, The Oords, who live in Spokane. We dined at Red Robin and then played in the warm fall air until 9pm in the park. Liam started walking really well around this time and wore himself out during the day..worked out well for me at night.

One last ride before the drive back home...


The kids did well in the safety truck on the way home. Although, apparently not well enough for Travis to continue thinking we should drive all the way to Disneyland with them someday :) We stopped at our Alma Mater, CWU, for a trip down memory lane. Let the kids play at a park in Eburg and grabbed a Starbucks. It was funny that I graduated over 6 years ago and most everyone I went to school with has moved on, but when I pass through the town, it feels like I could still find my friends in the same places they once lived (dorms, apartments, houses, and places that we worked.) I wonder if it will always feel that way when we pass through? Fond memories for both of us of our time there.

No comments: