Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad's Day Weekend

Daddy and Daughter, enjoying the sun.

Lexie playing at Kelly and Dick's BBQ

"Flying" on her new airplane from Pops and Granny Neicey

She even has her own lawn chair at their house!

With Grandma Neicey.

All 3 of us were fortunate enough to spend some quality time with our dad's this weekend. Saturday morning, Travis and Lexie cheered me on as I ran the Sound to Narrow's 5k. I finished with my best time for that race (27:30.) I credit my new personal record to being a mom, and having to hurry and rush through my workouts to tend to baby. It was cute to see them at the finish line. Of course, Lexie loved the crazy race atmosphere, next year we will enter her in the diaper dash.
Saturday evening, we headed over to Dan and Julies, for a Brock BBQ. It was great to spend sometime with Travis's family, Lexie was a little crabby at first but warmed up after some pound cake : ) The Brock guys are already busy planning their hunting trips for the fall.
Sunday morning we went to a BBQ at Kelly and Dick's. It was so much fun to see their little guy, Zachary (10 months) and Lexie play together. We are so lucky that they literally only live 5 min from us now.
After that, we headed down to Olympia to my parent's for dinner. My dad had made some delicious steaks. We also celebrated Papa Louie's Birthday, which is June 20th. My mom bought Lexie a Micky Mouse Airplane that she can sit on and "fly." It was a hit!

Travis and I often talk about our memories of childhood and our fathers. Travis always tells me that one of his favorite memories is of him and his Dad going to the dump together. He always says, "I can't wait to take Lexie to the dump with me." While I am not quite as excited to see my baby exposed to the yucky, smelly, dump, I do appreciate his desire to share those everyday tasks and experiences with her. Looking back, it was these same type of memories I cherish with my dad as well. I loved when he would show up at my basketball practices, shooting hoops with him in the driveway, and running errands. It is so special to watch Travis with Lexie, I know how lucky she is to have a loving father like him.

No comments: