Friday, November 27, 2009

Lights, Fireworks, and Celebration!


Trav and I used to be big Black Friday shoppers (before kids.) Trav even more so then me. That man loves the rush of a good deal! You can tell he was raised with 2 older sisters right : ) But with a non-stop nursing baby and energetic toddler, we made the call to avoid the rush this year. It was hard for us, but we know we will be back at it soon : )
Since we spent the day relaxing at home, I thought it would be fun to drop down to Sumner for their annual bridge-lighting ceremony. It actually got us in the Christmas spirit more then long lines and crowded parking lots. After the bridge was lighted, their were fireworks and other festivities going on. We only stayed for a bit because of the hungry "butterball."





It was also our 5 year anniversary. While we were walking to the bridge lighting Trav asked me, "Did you ever think 5 years ago you would be married to a Safety Man with a 2 year old girl and brand new baby boy?" And I replied, "I could only hope." It's been a great 5 years.