Thursday, June 10, 2010

Great Wolf or BUST!

Just arrived, fresh from their car naps.
Lex going a little crazy on the jetski
My waterbabies
Liam is still enjoying his fingers, wherever we go

Travis took a much needed week off of work so we spent 2 nights at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound. I had booked the cheapest room on the cheapest nights to stay. It was worth every penny! This place is awesome! I see us spending more time (and money) there in the future. We loved how it felt like we were really far away from home, even though we were just a 50 minute drive away.
Liam did really well for his first trip away from home. He played great in the water and loved watching all the crazy kiddos running around. All of the action of the water park wore him out...and I think he slept the best he has in his entire life. He napped in the stroller while we were down by the water.
Nothing says "manly" like a purple Laura Ashley stroller

Lexie did great in the water. They provided complementary life jackets which made us feel a bit more at ease. She loved the wave pool and water basketball hoops. We kind of convinced her to go down these rather big slides. I didn't know she would completely be turned around, going head first at a rapid speed. I will never forget the look on her face. Still none of it seemed to scare her. She loved the fudge shop and arcade. There was also clock tower shows and bedtime stories in the lobby.
She loves hoops already
Slightly traumatized after a mom talked her into going on this one...oops!

Her new stuffed friend named "Wolfy"

My brother Chris, Britnee, and Caralynn came for Monday. It was so much fun to have them there. We were able to take turns going on the adult slides and watching the kiddos. Caralynn looked soooo cute in her little poke-a-dot bathing suit!
My personal favorite part of the resort, was the Starbucks in the lobby. I would sneak down and get a drink and read the paper while the rest of the family slept in. Even after a good night sleep, I needed the caffeine to keep up with the kiddos.
Liam waking up smiley
These 2 have a snoring problem

1 comment:

Thompson Tales said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even believe that Liam is sitting up!! Congrats to you and Travis on your race, I admire anyone who can run!! Britnee said that it was alot of fun at the Great Wolf Lodge, I would love to go there sometime!!!